Upholstery is a great way of refreshing space and transforming it into something more vibrant, modern and inviting. Turning basic pieces of furniture into statement pieces that are both bold and exciting is perfect for elevating the appearance of any room.
Patterned and textured upholstery is timeless and will never go out of style. There is an endless amount of prints and materials to choose from, all of which will look great in any home or space, regardless of the design of the room. Whether the interior is modern, rustic, traditional, feminine or moody, you will be able to find upholstery that is suitable for your preferences and needs. The beauty of upholstery is that you’re not limited to one pattern or style and here are a few ideas you can consider:
- Mixed upholstery. If you’re not crazy about an entire piece of furniture being covered in one print, you can mix it up by incorporating patterned prints for the cushions and a solid print for the rest of the piece, for example. This is a great option for loveseats where there’s enough room for a touch of pattern or bold print without being overwhelming.
- Velvet upholstery. This material is ideal for spaces that are moody and rooms that are dark and classy. Velvet is modern yet sophisticated, so you’ll get the perfect touch of elegance and your furniture will elevate your room and transform it into a space that is very stylish.
- Contrasting pieces. Patterned prints are bold and help a piece of furniture stand out but you need to be careful that the room is not suffocating with too many different prints as this will create a space that is confusing and unattractive. If your sofa has a bold print, choose a simple coffee table like a Lucite one, for example, to create a nice contrast and create a design that is visually very appealing.
- Statement dining room chairs. This is a great way of elevating your dining room and bold chairs will change the space completely. If you decide on bold prints for your chairs, make sure the dining table is simple in its design so that it fits nicely together. This is the perfect way to spruce up a plain dining room and transform it into something beautiful.
- Black and white geometric upholstery. If you’re looking for something artsy, modern and classy combined together, then black and white prints are the answer. This is a very popular trend that can be incorporated into a variety of interior styles and this type of upholstery design creates a space that is both elegant and fun.
If you’re interested in furniture restoration, refinishing or repairs, JENSO Upholstering can help. Whether you’d like to reupholster a dining chair, need upholstery fabric for your sofa, want upholstered chairs or your couch is in need of a repair, they do it all, so contact them today!